• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My imagination, I'm sure

the chaeto in my 29 dropped the nitrates and phos in like a week. no3 before was 20-40ppm, now is 0-5ppm

the chaeto in the 125 is not working as fast. i am going to do a massive water change (80g) when the new impeller for the skimmer gets here. sort of reset it and see if the chaeto can keep it down. also possible i need to put the light on a timer too strong. running 24/7 turns the cheato white on tops side, i have been flipping it everyday

DYIguy

NJRC Member
the chaeto in my 29 dropped the nitrates and phos in like a week. no3 before was 20-40ppm, now is 0-5ppm

the chaeto in the 125 is not working as fast. i am going to do a massive water change (80g) when the new impeller for the skimmer gets here. sort of reset it and see if the chaeto can keep it down. also possible i need to put the light on a timer too strong. running 24/7 turns the cheato white on tops side, i have been flipping it everyday
What light(s) are you using? I got a 25w led grow lamp on mine on the 40

What light(s) are you using? I got a 25w led grow lamp on mine on the 40
on the 29, im just using those submersible led bars, the ones that look like heaters. they are like 10 bucks on ebay. i have 3 in there. i set them all to red/pink

on the 125 im using this monster which i think now is probably too much'