• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new additions today

Bicolor Angel (ILC of course!)

angel1.jpg

My new wrasse (ILC again!)

wrasse1.jpg

And some zoas and a mushroom I picked up at Aquarium Center:

greenzoa1.jpg

orangeshroom1.jpg

C

concept3

ooooooooh nice wrasse! is that a whip fin flasher wrasse?

watch that bicolor, sometimes they like to pick at zoos lol

concept3.875 said:
ooooooooh nice wrasse! is that a whip fin flasher wrasse?

watch that bicolor, sometimes they like to pick at zoos lol

You know, I can't for the life of me remember what the heck it is. It was labeled "soler-blah-blah-something". How pathetic is that?

So far the bi-color has been ok. He tried to come out and be social, but "Dr. Evil" the tang laid a smack down on him and drove him into a corner. I had to distract Dr. Evil with some Nori so that the angel could come out and eat. But, he did eat. Now he's in the other corner letting the cleaner shrimp clean him. (forgot to get pictures of them, I picked up 2 scarlet cleaner shrimp too)

Fingers are crossed!

saltwater4life said:
SWEET!
love the fish ;D

Thanks, I like em too. I just hope Dr. Evil lets the angel out to play. Otherwise, somebody is going in the 30 gallon tank ALONE. ;D

It's a little hard to tell from that angel but it looks more like a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse to me.

If you were thinking Solor Wrasse or Solar Fairy Wrasse they are just other names for the Clown Fairy Wrasse and it doesn't look like that. The Clown Fairy Wrasse is red (top and back fin), blue (main body) and yellow (head and belly) normally.

Carlo

cayars said:
It's a little hard to tell from that angel but it looks more like a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse to me.

If you were thinking Solor Wrasse or Solar Fairy Wrasse they are just other names for the Clown Fairy Wrasse and it doesn't look like that. The Clown Fairy Wrasse is red (top and back fin), blue (main body) and yellow (head and belly) normally.

Carlo

Thanks Carlo, no, I know it's not a solor wrasse. The soler***** was just the scientific name that was posted on the tank. I just can't for the life of me remember what the heck it was. I will see if I can get some better pics up. Maybe someone can nail down the name.

That helps some. I still say it's a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. Maybe the wording on the tank was from another fish or something. I'm not a "wrasse" guy as I have none except a cleaner wrasse. Maybe some others who really know there wrasses could chime in here.

How much was he do you remember? The price should help to determine if it's a "normal" variety or something more exotic.

Carlo

cayars said:
How much was he do you remember? The price should help to determine if it's a "normal" variety or something more exotic.

He was priced at $69.99.

Where's Rich on this one? He's the wrasse adict! ;D

He's a couple of other pics of the fish from a vendor website. I still think Carpenter. I mainly say this because of the distinct blue/violet lateral lines through the body and on the fins. I've seen carpenters with black, blue and violet colored eyes so I'm not sure how important eye color is.

Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse - Paracheilinus carpenteri
marinedepotlive_1921_12799867

Filamented Flasher Wrasse - Paracheilinus filamentosus
marinedepotlive_1921_33261691

Either of these fish should have only been about half the amount you paid so I'm still not sure.

Carlo

Ok, so the name on the tank was "solorensis". But, I can't for the life of me find one in that species that matches what I have.

This is the closest I can find, but mine has much more color (blues and purples), longer dorsal fin spikes, and much longer tail fin spikes.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...is&start=36&gbv=2&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=N

Oh well, I don't care how much he was, he's cool, I like him, and he is eating like a HOG. Value is in the eye of the purchaser, right? ;D