• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My personal vibrant test and video timeline

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
A little late with the video this week but this is after two weeks of dosing vibrate I really haven’t noticed much change at all in the tank but they say it takes time.

Also here are the latest tank numbers. image.jpg

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Here is also a picture of the sump which I went lights out on because of the addition of my new algae scrubber I also added a small power head Because this area will become a frag area. Cyano is all gone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Week 3 results, can see some results in this video hair algae is slowly being reduced and bubble algae seems to be less. Another note I did have a small increase in phosphate, probably do to the reduction of hair algae.
I did start a small amount of gfo so the phosphate would not get out of control.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
@Paulie 069 and it works. If you have a lot of algae it can be a useful tool. Many people use it without a plan to remove the excess nutrients from the dying algae and end up with a cyano outbreak. Ask me how I know (been a while but yeah).
Exactly Dave you could not have said it better without a extremely thought out plan don’t do it. I’m dosing a very small dose purposely to force the process to move at a very slow pace. This way as the “bad” algae dies off other beneficial organisms can take hold of that real estate before other pest organisms can grab it.
most mistakes I can see are caused by the whole process happening to fast. Let’s be honest anything that happens fast in this hobby are generally bad.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Well here it is, week 4 and the results are undeniable. Hair algae is almost completely gone and the bubble algae has definitely decreased. There hasn’t seemed to be any adverse affects at all. Let’s see what next week brings.

Well here it is, week 4 and the results are undeniable. Hair algae is almost completely gone and the bubble algae has definitely decreased. There hasn’t seemed to be any adverse affects at all. Let’s see what next week brings.
Good to know your having success, makes me lean that route even more, still paying attention to this thread

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Glad this is working in your tank. It is working in mine also. After talking with a local store owner, he feels the Vibrant issues start if you stop cold turkey or if you don't take care of the die off by doing water changes, He suggested when you are ready to stop, wean your tank off of using it, take it slow and be patient. ;)

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Week 11 And my last video in the series I would have to say that vibrant used exactly the way they say will work if you have patience and you watch all parameters don’t let your tank bottom out while using it, phosphate or nitrate it will cause a problem keep everything pretty stable and you should have great results like me good luck

Jamie S

NJRC Member
My bottle just came today and I’m going to start dosing to get rid of the hair algae. The tank looks great!