• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My ponie got stuck

Damn it I knew things were going to smoothly last 10 days,, tank is looking good, all fish happy n healthy seahorses doing what seahorses are supposed to be doing
I made it thru power outage with no harm and tank is looking crisp
Now the bad part,, one of the bigger seahorses got his tail stuck in power head fan and couldn’t get it out and the fan was hitting his tail,, I don’t know how long he was stuck but it does have a big white spot in center of tail half way up. I had to turn fan off and take him out real gentle and he swam away real fast and around the tank but tail was limp n droopy looking and he won’t hitch on anything. I’m gonna keep an eye on him see how it goes
I hate when something happens to one of my ponies it actually hurts me

Thank you
A good fix for the future is to put some sort of thin mesh around the pump. Something that won't restrict flow but will stop anything from getting into the pumpsLike a stocking or something like that. I have some mesh that I used for my lid left over if you want me to cut you a piece. I bought it from Joann fabric but I can't remember what it's called

A good fix for the future is to put some sort of thin mesh around the pump. Something that won't restrict flow but will stop anything from getting into the pumpsLike a stocking or something like that. I have some mesh that I used for my lid left over if you want me to cut you a piece. I bought it from Joann fabric but I can't remember what it's called
I appreciate your offer but I have lg supply of sheer pantyhose that I plan on using. This is second time in a month it has happened, the last pony did fine and you would never know he was hurt and all I did was keep an eye on him and monitored his breathing

I appreciate your offer but I have lg supply of sheer pantyhose that I plan on using. This is second time in a month it has happened, the last pony did fine and you would never know he was hurt and all I did was keep an eye on him and monitored his breathing
Pauli. What kind of power head. It’s not an mp-10 is it. Because I can print you guards if it is

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
yo Paulie i Use these on my powerheads just check sizes. got these after i had a anemone get minced!
DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200807071753.png

Good luck to the pony. Great ideas guys, thanks for sharing.
I’m sad to report that my lil buddy didn’t make it and I found him dead on bottom of the tank when I came home from clamming, he was still alive this morning but very weak, he also wouldn’t eat this morning either
Have no idea how long he was stuck in power head but I’m guessing long enough to hurt him beyond recovery.
I hate when things like this happen
Always makes me sad, like losing a member of the family
Thank you to all that reached out with concerns. Bless you