• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My vet denied me for Interceptor.

They said they couldn't give it to me if they didn't know what I was using it for. I told them it was for my saltwater fish tank. They said they've never heard of that.

They still said no.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try/do/say?

Pet medications are regulated by the FDA. Legally they can't give it to you for that because it's not an FDA approved use. You have to tell them it's for your dog, if you have one.

Thanks Phyl I'm gonna try that route and see what happens.

Chaos i'm gonna check that right now and see if it works till the final purchase.

OK ... I placed my order... I had to give my vet's name, phone number, and my pet's name.

I did it and i used my real vet with my dogs name ... i'll let you know if it works.

Thanks Craig. Got it today from Dnov99 (Darren). I'll let everyone know when I do the treatment and post results and findings.

reneeRN said:
MikeM said:
Is that a normal price for this? $78 for 12 ?
THAT sounds high. I got 12 large dog tabs for $50 from my vet.

Do you have pet insurance? We definitely pay $15 a pill. We get a 6 month perscription (which is only 6 pills) for a little under $100. Maybe my vet is just ripping me off.

I have to admit, I barely skimmed this thread, but I went thru sooo much to get my vet to prescribe Interceptor for my tank.

First of all. My dog just passed at the wonderfully ripe old age of 17 1/2.

... Do you know what it costs to get your dog who's got EVERYTHING111 wrong to the age of 17 1/2? Let me tell ya, I could of had a nice Porsche, but I am very glad I had Sammi for those years instead.

Anyway, what ticks me off is I spent all kinds of time convincing my VET that CORALS were in fact ANIMALS!!!! Hello!!!! You went to animal doctor school!!!

This is soon after convincing my daughter's third grade teacher that corals are animals so she could do an ecosystem diorama on corals! (It came out really cool if I do say so myself. Featured pics from my them 26 bow reef ;D ) So what am I a coral zealot! DO I have to teach all these doctors and teachers all this stuff one would think they already paid for to be taught???? ??? Being animal doctors and teachers and all ???

Anyway, my vet now prescribes me Interceptor for my reef tank as I inundate her with papers and recommended dosing and on and on until she caved .... ;)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I thought White were the bigger ones...50-100. Those are the ones you need (that the dosage is based on, any would work, you'll just need to recalculate the dosage).