• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My vet denied me for Interceptor.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The dosage of 400 gallons to a pill is based on the white ones for the interceptor for dogs 51 - 100lbs. I think that would be the most cost effective (the 12 pack)

Sorry you had to go through so much trouble getting the Interceptor, Mike. I truly love my vet. When I had the red bugs I printed out all necessary information, took it to him, and he gave me the medicine without hesitation. But then again, we've known each other for the past 9 years, and I'm sure that helped.

Usually when I buy heartworm pills I show my vet how much they cost at KV Vet (or the cheapest online place I can find), and he matches the price. :)

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Interceptor has the chemical component to fight a parasite (red bugs, which are actually yellow with a red head) that infests and irritates Acropora corals (generally the non-fuzzy types like nana).

sgarron said:
There is also this place, you don't need a prescription unless you live in Florida. This is wher my father gets his Interceptor for his dogs. A little cheaper too.

www.petsliferx.com

sgarron, I got my order yesterday ... thank you so much for posting petsliferx.com. No perscription and only $38 after shipping. Thank You!!

No problem. The topic of Interceptor just happened to come up on Easter and got the site from my father. Glad the info was useful.

Mike did they contact your vet, have you received the pills yet? I noticed this after looking over the site...

PRESCRIPTIONS!
We will Contact your Veterinarian
for a Prescription on your behalf !
Please provide your Veterinarian's name, Telephone number, and Pet's name under Comments when Ordering.

MikeNapoli said:
sgarron said:
There is also this place, you don't need a prescription unless you live in Florida. This is wher my father gets his Interceptor for his dogs. A little cheaper too.

www.petsliferx.com

Thank you. I just placed an order for 6 pills for $38(including shipping).

sinkingbeach said:
Mike did they contact your vet, have you received the pills yet? I noticed this after looking over the site...

PRESCRIPTIONS!
Please provide your Veterinarian's name, Telephone number, and Pet's name under Comments when Ordering.

MikeNapoli said:
sgarron said:

www.petsliferx.com

Francis, I got the pills already. I didn't leave them any information at all. None. They didn't ask and they sent them already. I would place the order and just not leave the information like i did.

Thanks Mike ;D They may start questioning it after they receive a 100 orders all going to NJ :D

MikeNapoli said:
sinkingbeach said:

PRESCRIPTIONS!

MikeNapoli said:
sgarron said:

www.petsliferx.com

Francis, I got the pills already. I didn't leave them any information at all. None. They didn't ask and they sent them already. I would place the order and just not leave the information like i did.

malulu

NJRC Member
LOL!
i guess may be we should have a group buy, so it will be TWO order in NJ (with a 400 packs) ;)
i am just kidding, don't intent to start any group buy for this...
;D

sinkingbeach said:
Thanks Mike ;D They may start questioning it after they receive a 100 orders all going to NJ :D