• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Website - Feedback Wanted

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Chris,
It looks pretty good. Quite an extensive group of items. I was impressed with the prices (not gouging) and how much you had on there.

One question - Where do you sign up? I saw where you could login, but I didn't see any where to actually register.

Also, I would change the logo to be a little more realistic. Maybe make the trees not all the same height. But, that's just my opinion. ;)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks great Chris.
I wonder if the monocular would be better to get a closer look at the tank then a magnifiying glass?

Looks good. My suggestions.

1. Agree with above with the logo. Different height trees would look cooler!

2. On the "contact us" page, you have one spelling mistake. "please feel free to email us at mycampingcenter@gmail.com with any question about our products or policies." Need to pluralize questions

from very a glance and the first impression is that it looks OK. One thing that I would add, and that is just my personal preference, is that when you are going between the pages of the catalogue, i prefer to press "next" or "previous" rather then exact number of a page. Also, you might consider adding links to web sites of manufacturers or their contact information for each of the products. With that in mind, you can maybe track what the users are searching for (if you are not already doing that) and ordering such items that are in demand.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

I fixed the login page so you can now register and i fixed the spelling of question->questions on the contact page.

As far as the logo is concerned a buddy of mine created the logo and i have asked him to make some things like to make the fire all read and the snow cap on the top of the mountain bigger, i will add a request to make the trees various heights as well.

going between pages of the catalogue and next and previous links will be added, i just haven't gotten around to it yet. I also keep track of ever page that people go to in a database on my server.

Again thanks for all the wonderful feedback and keep it coming!

pretty cool. If you need help with adwords let me know, i've been running an adwords campaign for my business for over two years.

yeah i started messing around with google adwords and my first crack at it was completely unsuccessfull....15,000 impressions, 90 clicks, and 0 conversions.... :( then i discovered the secret of quotes around your keywords and i started going after smaller fish in the sea. i started out with keywords like camping and tents i have now switched over to more specific less searched keywords like "family camping tents". i made this switch yesterday so we shall see what this does. but yeah any other tips on adwords will be greatly appreciated.

sure, no problem.

most targeted keywords are [Exact match], next goes "phrase match", then Broad match

also you know about {keyword} tag right? for the ad copy.

adwords.jpg

i numbered each line to refer to it

1. {KeyWord:Default} - if the search keyword matches to one of yours it will replace the default keyword with yours and will highlight it in bold, which is good, because it attracts the eye. If you dont have that keyword it will show your default keyword, whatever you will put in there. Also notice the K and W are in caps, that means that each word in that keyword will be with Capital First Letter, which also attracts the eye.

2,3. You can do the same technique in the description lines.

4. In display URL you cant use the {} tag but what I Do is add some kind of related text as a category. You don't have to have that directory exist, since its only a display URL, not the actual URL, so if you put in there something relative, as for example my keywords alot of them have architectural or renderings, I try to use either one of these and most likely they get BOLD.

5. You can use a {keyword} tag in the actual URL also, you server still(should) ignore it, but mine is different your should be something like this: www.website.com/whatever.html?{keyword}, just test it to make sure it works. Benefit of this one is you can see exactly what keyword they used to find your website. And also in your server logs, it shows two types of keywords. one is the actual keyword they used to find you and the other is your adwords keyword that triggered it. Example: my adwords keyword is: architectural rendering, but the user search for architectural rendering in New York, so the log will show a link with both on these keywords in it. And as you know the better the match is of his keyword to yours the better the quality ad it is, so google give you better score, which means it drops the cost on that keyword. So what you want to do it to browse thru the user keywords, see which show up more then once and add them to your adwords campaigns.