• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need a Maxi-Jet 1200?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bob, you do know (and I'm terrible with time) maybe 5, 6, 7 years ago Marineland resourced the MaxiJet 1200 from an Italian manufacturer to some Chinese manufacturer and these "new" pumps were very poor quality. If you want an "original" MaxiJet, you have to buy a Cobalt MJ1200 from the Italian company. Oops....I was going to link a Cobalt pump and they appear to be out of business. Dare, those original pumps never died, but one of these new pumps I purchased didn't last at all....junk.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Still have one of those from 10+ years back, seen 4-5 tanks, used regularly (still) for mixing, and is still working as new.
Hope the new ones live up to half that expectation. Probably going to give it a shot - at that price, and with a new manufacturer I'll give it a go.