• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need a tank. Suggestions?

Ok, I just bought some goodies off Mnat. The stand is for a 24" x 24" tank and I need to find some glass for the top of it. I would like starphire with pretty thick glass. Any prebuilt options? I contacted coast to coast but $900 for a tank that size is a bit much IMO.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Check with Reef Savvy and talk to spotter, I forget where he had his tank made.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Reef savvy is expensive but makes nice tanks. I just got a quote for a 36"x24"x20" about 75 gallons. It was $1150. Out of my price. I have the 24"x24"x12 deep blue I use as my frag tank. It's a great little tank. If you go with it just make sure to get new bulkheads the ones they come with are junk.

Looks like I am going to go with the deep blue professional 60 gallon reef ready. Trop has them for under $250.00. Can't beat that.

My only recommendation on the deep blue is swap out the bulkheads and overflow kit for more standard ones. It took me awhile to get mine to seal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

just a thought on another forum they have been talking about the deep blue tanks blowing apart,they are from tropaqarium in nj ,also the warranty is funny only good if its on a wood stand made by them if i got that right or its just the tank,the 75 gal tank the guy just got was on a metal stand is no good and trop said he is stuck with it,he is mad as hell ,as far as i know its the same deep blue tanks,also other are chimeing in and do not sound good so heads up its on east coast cichlids. com .check it out just thought i would let you guys know 18fisher

Paul, I have the deep blue 80g as a frag tank on my system and have had no problems with it in the year that I have owned it. I think the key as is with all tanks and stands, is making sure the tank is 100% level. Im not saying that seams dont blow out on tanks but I wonder if you look at some of those posts, how many of them had the tanks on properly built stands. Were the stands DIY or were built by another tank manufacturer.

As far as the bulkheads go....you can buy replactement bulkheads at Trop when you pick the tank up. I swapped out both bulkheads because the onese that came with it felt very cheap.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I've had my deep blue 30 rimless set up for over a year with out any issues. Like stated in previous posts just make sure to get new bulkheads.

hey guys not trying to start problem,but i was just reading about that and then got on this site and seen what you guys were talking about,also not trying to bad mouth anyone place or person good luck with your tanks ,18fisher just wanted to help