• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need emergency brook help!

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Long story short, I saved a clown and he’s got brook as of this am. Seemed fine yesterday.

I have a quarantine tank set up and heating up and he’s in a freshwater bath right now.
I know I need to get some medicine but not sure what or where. I’m in central jersey. Help?!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
What part of Central? You have ACC in Ocean and AO in Avenal. Other stores along Rt22.

Always have a pack of API General cure stored for things like this. Don't add anymore fish for 6+ weeks as that's the starvation period for Brook. Pick up some of that API General cure which has Metronidazole in it.

Check out the Humblefish website. It has everything you could ever want to know about fish diseases, treatment, quarantine procedures, etc. And it's a good idea to have a few meds sitting around for an emergency including General Cure and maybe some Ruby Reef Rally for a quick dip that can give some immediate relief for a sick fish.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Check out the Humblefish website. It has everything you could ever want to know about fish diseases, treatment, quarantine procedures, etc. And it's a good idea to have a few meds sitting around for an emergency including General Cure and maybe some Ruby Reef Rally for a quick dip that can give some immediate relief for a sick fish.
Thank you. Wish I had it. He seemed fine yesterday and was a mess this AM, and died a few minutes after I moved him to QT. :(

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I used Imagitarium medicine from PetCo. Worked well on the Coral Beauty Yates gave me. Good to keep handy.