• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need emotional/mental support for my dog

wow....agree with phyl - don't stress - i'm sure he's in good hands.

It's natural to feel concerned but think of it this way - you'll be helping him out in the long run with a long and healthy life.

2 thumbs up for a great pet owner...personally Im not sure in my next life what I wanna come back as,Wendys bird,Wendys dog,or one of Wendys corals ;)

LOL Tony. Thank you all again for being there. You are the best! :)

As for the surgery, the vet was unable to do the prostate wash - his fingers just weren't long enough. 8) But he did do the urine culture, neutered him, removed 1 small cyst and shaved another on his gums (both will be sent in for testing along with the urine culture).

I was surprised to see him in such good spirits last night. Exhausted, but in good spirits. He was sporting the diaper I fabricated so that he'll stay away from the sutures. We took that off right away because he had to pee before we even got him in the car. Got home, he went to the bathroom again, and then proceeded to drink a whole bunch of water and begged for food like crazy. We weren't supposed to give him anything yesterday due to the anesthesia, but we let him have some water and a couple of crackers.

I stayed downstairs with him until 2AM. Then I put the diaper back on him and went to bed. He's still a bit groggy this morning, but overall he's doing much better than I thought. I think I took all this worse than he did. :-[

Wendy

I'm glad to hear Max is doing good. in a few days he will be back to normal like nothing ever happend. Amazing how animals can rebound so fast. give him hugs and kisses from me and Kimmy

Subliminal

NJRC Member
The best part will be that there's no more pink crayon...and no more ugly dog balls resting on your arm when he lays down beside you on the couch.

I'm a big fan of the neuter. If you read anything on dogs online, you'll find that hundreds and hundreds of dogs are put down every day because they're unwanted in shelters. And there's people breeding dogs all over the place, selling them on craigslist, without papers, without psychological or health exams for the parents, and inferior dogs are coming out, and then you get the people who get the cheap dogs (instead of shelter dogs) and then the cycle begins all over again.

Really sad, the things dogs have to endure. That's why I always put change in the skinny dog can at the liquor store instead of the black eyed kid can next to it.

Of course, I like dogs more than people, so I might be a little biased.

Subliminal said:
The best part will be that there's no more pink crayon...and no more ugly dog balls resting on your arm when he lays down beside you on the couch.

LOLOLOL

Subliminal said:
Of course, I like dogs more than people, so I might be a little biased.

Funny you said that because I've been told on more than one occasion that I seem to be unable to draw the line when it comes to the welfare and well-being of animals. ;)

Aaaw - thank you all so very, very much. :)

Yep, he's a mush all right. Despite his 130 lbs, he thinks he's a lapdog. ::) He's doing really well actually. I had anticipated some sort of depression, but nothing. When he went to the bathroom this morning, he did his usual happy run after he was all done, stuffed toy in mouth the entire time. I am watching him like a hawk though because he does try and get to his sutures every once in a while.

JerseyWendy said:
Aaaw - thank you all so very, very much. :)

Yep, he's a mush all right. Despite his 130 lbs, he thinks he's a lapdog. ::) He's doing really well actually. I had anticipated some sort of depression, but nothing. When he went to the bathroom this morning, he did his usual happy run after he was all done, stuffed toy in mouth the entire time. I am watching him like a hawk though because he does try and get to his sutures every once in a while.

Wendy

I'm glad he is doing good.
how can you resist a mush face like this
Max4-3-084.jpg