• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help.. Diamond Hole Saw

Does anyone have a 2-3/8 diamond hole saw I can borrow for this weekend?

I will order you a new one from ebay. Just wanted to get it drilled this weekend.

I am in Whiting near Toms River...

Andy

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
wish i did, you can drill glass with a roto zip and a tile bit. run water on the bit as you cut to keep it cool.

s

Rotozip spins slow enough? Mine is not variable speed and I was afraid it would be too fast. I have the diamond bit for it.

I am drilling the bottom of my 265, it is about 3/4" thick.

Andy

Not tempered. Looked it up on Perfecto website. There are holes already in bottom but they are for 3/4" and 1" bulkheads. I want to open up the 3/4" bulkhead for 1 1/2". This way I have 1" returns and 1 1/2" drains.

Andy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We used our dremel to do it (which you're welcome to borrow if you need). A hole saw might be hard to keep in place unless you build a tall outline with tape. Jose (JF2381) had a thread up here with a link to where he picked his up at, if I'm not mistaken. I'll see if I can dig it up.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've used a dermal w/ the diamond bits on half inch. 3/4 might be too thick for dremal bits though.. I've also read of people using rotozips. You have to go slow and keep it wet/cool.

Sorry I don't have a hole saw, it'd be yours.

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
be carefull drilling in the bottom it may have bin tempered after the holes were drilled.

just leave the holes and use them all for drains and drill in the back for a return. Or sea swirll it.

I agree with Stan here, although that tank is not supposed to be tempered, making the hole larger can cause problems..much different than drilling a "virgin" tank. Glass could crack because of the narrow distance between the hole and the new cut. Drill the back out as Stan suggested and you should be just fine.

smcooler said:
be carefull drilling in the bottom it may have bin tempered after the holes were drilled.

just leave the holes and use them all for drains and drill in the back for a return. Or sea swirll it.