• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help moving tank this weekend - Somerset, NJ 08873

Hell all,

Well i'm finally ready to move my new tank into place and really start the build. My current tank is in the current location so i have to pretty much empty that one out and then move the new tank into place. My new tank only has to move from one side of my foyer to the other. No stairs are involved and should only take a few minutes. I was planning on hopefully doing it this Saturday during the day or Sunday if it's better for everyone. There will be beer, soda and Pizza provided. It's an oceanic 215 so it's fairly heavy i'm guessing including me 6 people would do the job, but anyone is welcome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Harry

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wish I could help, but I have a busy weekend.

FWIW, you should only need 3 guys, plus yourself. A 215 isn't all that heavy.

Depending on what time I may be able to help. Mind you I was barely able to move my 120 with a friend...so count me 1/2 a person! lol. pm me info.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Harry

I can probably help I need to know what day and time before I can commit.

Bob

I was hoping to get it done around 1 or 2 PM on saturday. I will go with whatever time is good for everyone. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Harry

ReefDrumz said:
I wish I could help, but I have a busy weekend.

FWIW, you should only need 3 guys, plus yourself. A 215 isn't all that heavy.

It took 4 of us to move my 210 from the van, up the stairs and on to the stand.

ok so 2PM on saturday looks like the time. Let me know who can make it and i will PM my address to them. I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Harry

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, Mike & one other guy moved our 180 into place off of a couple of dollies.

Sorry we aren't available on Saturday. There aren't too many tank moves we miss!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can't make it till around 3 or 4. Hope you can push it back till then. If not, PM me your phone # and I'll call on my way home to see how far yous are.

I responded to everyone with a PM. once again thanks to all and i look forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks
Harry

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good luck! I hope someone is manning the camera to post up some pictures!

I like to thank everyone who stopped by yesterday to help move my tank into place. I really apprecaited it. Unfortunately i can't due much else because i'm waiting for my sump to be rebuilt. The company i ordered it from made the skimmer section too small. So now it's another month plus of waiting for a new one.

Thanks
Harry