• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help with white ?fungus?

A few weeks ago, I noticed a white cotton like growth on my live rock. I am not sure what it is, so I do not know if it is harmful or how to get rid of it. I believe that around the same time, my toadstool coral seems to have started turning a white color in small patches and the tissues on it seems to be dying. I would appreciate any information/help anyone could provide me with. I can take pictures with my digicam if it will help.
Thanks!!!

i am not 100 percent sure but i hope someone can back me up on this......the white fungus could be caused bu your toadstool leather because everyone once in a while a leather coral sheds its mucus and the shedding of the mucus could have caused the white fungus growth on yourm live rock...........what are your tank parameters????you could try to use those fungus tablet things that help destroy fungus....is the white spot near your toadstool????.......if it is ur toadstool that is "shedding" then it should be right back up again in a few days to a week or two...hope this helps....hope someone can back me up