• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need little help

A friend have this in her tank how she can get rid off this thing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Anyone
d2f7c005f4b639d851387ce50f31514e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

FLATWORMS

Flatworms come in many shapes and sizes but there are two types that are very common in aquaria. The first is a small clear flatworm. Imagine a blob of clear jello with a forked tail. These type are usually harmless.

The other ones, the red ones, can reach plague proportions as they reproduce rapidly and smother corals. Products like "Flatworm Exit" help eradicate them. Here is Melev's experience using it, and here is more info on flatworms.

flatworms2.jpg

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Bringing up this ol post, I have a brown flatworm infestation in my tank.

I'm gonna try flat worm exit....anybody out there ever used this stuff before?

I came close to using it in my tank but tried other options first heard some horror story about people not realizing how many flatworms they actually had and used it and nuked there tank from the flatworm poison. I made a flat worm vacuum and sucked all the ones I could see every day for about a week and my six line did the rest haven't seen one in over 6 months. 20170122_193934.jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
This why I had a six line wrasse besides thinking they are very colorful fish. Since he went tile surfing I am looking to get another one after the New Year.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I have sucked a few out but they are on a few corals like my duncan which closes up when I got next to em

I'd need to get rid of my existing wrasse for me to get a 6-line

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I came close to using it in my tank but tried other options first heard some horror story about people not realizing how many flatworms they actually had and used it and nuked there tank from the flatworm poison. I made a flat worm vacuum and sucked all the ones I could see every day for about a week and my six line did the rest haven't seen one in over 6 months. View attachment 17724
How does this work?

I cut a water bottle in half put filter floss in it cut a hole in the side of it ran some air line tubing. Place the bottle above the water line in my sump made a siphon and with the airline tubing like I was doing a water change and suck the flatworms off the Corals and the rocks with the little Air Line tubing made it easier to maneuver around the tank the flatworms would gets stuck in the filter floss and the water would go back into my sump so I could do it with my pumps and everything are still running

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to keep up with the syphoning and see where that goes as id Really like to avoid usong the flatworm exit. I'm just gonna have to keep up with it daily for now and maybe drop in a 6-line for preventive maintenance