• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need little help

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Pt 2

This much came off of just 2 corals. All the brown spots are flatworms

That's sucks I hated my tank when i had them every time I would look at it i would just see flat worms. Just keep sucking them out you'll get rid of them eventually. Too bad you have a 6 line already I would try melanarus wrasse to help you out

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
That's sucks I hated my tank when i had them every time I would look at it i would just see flat worms. Just keep sucking them out you'll get rid of them eventually. Too bad you have a 6 line already I would try melanarus wrasse to help you out
I need to get one, I have a fairy wrasse that I would need to relocate 1st

I have been thinkingabout that, I'm gonna try my luck with manual removal 1st. My fear is not dosing this properly

Dosing is always a fear. I always dose with caution. I always round my dose down. The issue I find with manual removal was they are so small and flat, they can get in every crack and crevice in the tank....never being able to remove them all.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Dosing is always a fear. I always dose with caution. I always round my dose down. The issue I find with manual removal was they are so small and flat, they can get in every crack and crevice in the tank....never being able to remove them all.
That's also a big concern for me, alot of blogs mentioned about the poisons they emit after death

That's also a big concern for me, alot of blogs mentioned about the poisons they emit after death

If I remember correctly...after the dosing period I ran a HUGE bag of carbon in the sump. I think it was 4 pounds of carbon...it was A LOT! Everything lived...fish, inverts, coral.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If I remember correctly...after the dosing period I ran a HUGE bag of carbon in the sump. I think it was 4 pounds of carbon...it was A LOT! Everything lived...fish, inverts, coral.
It may come to that....as I do know the stuff works and they are becoming a problem by bothering my corals

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Pt. 3.....didn't realize it was this bad

This is from just 1 coral, a frogspawn I have in the back that has been overlooked

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Theres a trick I'm going to try with a flashlight.....found this on nano-reefs.com

Turn out all the lights on your tank and in the room, shine a small flashlight into an easy to get (suck too) to location and wait for awhile....the flatworms will come to the light ...suck'em out.