• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need Opinions: WHAT FISH FOR FRAG TANK

Need some opinions.
If you were to choose some beneficial fish (3 of them) for a 75 gal frag tank, what would you pick.
I had in mind a copperband butterfly, a six line wrasse and a kole tang.
How about you? Is my choice beneficial?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK, when I started reading the post I thought "A copperband, a six line and some sort of tang", so we are in complete agreement! Those are the same fish we have in our frag tank (sans the CBB, which we had but it just disappeared one day).

Scopas tangs are pretty darn cute too!!!

I think that your choices would work pretty well, that is basically the mix they have over at Tropiquarium for their coral tanks.

C

concept3

a rabbit fish would be a good substitute for the kole. In addition to being a grazer, they supposedly like most of all the other algaes including valonia (bubble algae)

Copperband would be cool too, but they prefer a decent amount of rock to pick on, which if I am envisioning your frag tank (since I haven't seen it yet), would not have as dense of Liverock as your main system.