• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need some help (will trade HOT fuge for it)

I need some help setting up a wet/dry as a sump on my 55 fowlr
I know it's probably pretty easy to do but I just don't want to take the chance as I've never set one up before. right now on my tank I have 2 small hang on refugiums and will trade one of them in exchange for your help in personally helping me set it up, I'll also give ya about 10 bucks or so just for gas, need to be a cheapie these days as I'm currently out of work

decided against taking that job up north and re-rooting my family for those that might be wondering about that ???

anyways, I'd appreciate anyone that could give a hand
pm me your # and what a good time next week would be for ya, I have no time this weekend to work on the tank

I live in Bradley Beach BTW (07720)

yeah, the only thing I think I'll need is some longer hosing as what came with it just isn't long enough, guess I'll need to make a trip the poolstore?

I've got...

the wet/dry with the bio balls - but thought the best thing to do was leave the balls out and just go with lr & sand?

2 different overflow boxes

2 pumps which should be good enough (have to dig them out of the closet to check which models they are but they are the ones that came with the wet/dry - was all thrown in deal when I picked up used tanks months ago)

think thats all i need correct?

Sounds like it. If it's the same thing as what I put on my FOWLR then it will take all of 5 minutes to hook-up, barring any unforseen incidents (they make life oh so interesting)

I acutally ran my old 75 with a 40 gallon sump that way. I made a "baffle" out of eggcrate, floss and 100 micron pad and an extra to swap with. Seemed to work out pretty well, never had a microbubble issue with that tank and changing the floss/pad every week was relatively easy.

I'll be more than happy to do it for you, though I think you could probably do it yourself pretty easily.

Tom

probably could if I set my mind to it, would much rather the side by side help though

free beers too if wanted ;)

just let me know what works for ya, my tanks been just a fowlr for too long & needs some color thrown in

I definitely hear that. During the week I am usually available after 5 PM, weekends I can be available at any time. You let me know what's convenient for you and I will work around that.

Tom