• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need Temporary Fish Housing - No Power

Hi everyone, unfortunately the storm that hit Wednesday caused extensive damage to my neighborhood causing long term power outages. First Energy says power may not be back for 7 days or more.

My tank is limping along on a generator but with indoor temperatures now below 50 my family and I will be moving in with family until power is restored.

I truly deeply thank anyone who can help house temporarily my tanks inhabitants including a 4 inch juvenile emperor angel, 4 inch fowleri tang, 2 breeding midnight clownfish, a tuxedo urchin, and a tiger cowerie who has been very well behaved so far.

Additionally I have a very pissed off magnifica anemone, toadstool leather, purple gorgonia, tiger tail cucumbers, a large black brittle star (if he's somewhere accessible), and green star polyps (though I'm not heartbroken if no one wants these prolific guys)

I am located in Bridgewater, NJ 08807 and can deliver to you. I also have a thick mat of chaetomorpha I can throw in.

Thank you again to the NJ Reef Club for their support.

Please message me with any questions,

- Brian

Last edited:
Hi everyone, unfortunately the storm that hit Wednesday caused extensive damage to my neighborhood causing long term power outages. First Energy says power may not be back for 7 days or more.

My tank is limping along on a generator but with indoor temperatures now below 50 my family and I will be moving in with family until power is restored.

I truly deeply thank anyone who can help house temporarily my tanks inhabitants including a 4 inch juvenile emperor angel, 4 inch fowleri tang, 2 breeding midnight clownfish, a tuxedo urchin, and a tiger cowerie who has been very well behaved so far.

Additionally I have a very pissed off magnifica anemone, toadstool leather, purple gorgonia, tiger tail cucumbers, a large black brittle star (if he's somewhere accessible), and green star polyps (though I'm not heartbroken if no one wants these prolific guys)

I am located in Bridgewater, NJ 08807 and can deliver to you. I also have a thick mat of chaetomorpha I can throw in.

Thank you again to the NJ Reef Club for their support.

Please message me with any questions,

- Brian

So sorry Brian, wish I could help you...I only have a 10 gal and a 20 gal tank I could use maybe to hold the fish.
Send me a PM and let me know what you think, I’m located in Elizabeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry Brian, wish I could help you...I only have a 10 gal and a 20 gal tank I could use maybe to hold the fish.
Send me a PM and let me know what you think, I’m located in Elizabeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so so much for the offer, Will from Aquatic Obsessions who I've been going to for years has actually offered to help me out. I truly appreciate how the reef community comes together to help each other, and once the tank is back up I look forward to participating more here.

Cheers,

Brian

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
That is great that he will take the fish in. My 60 gallon is cycling now. I had a little kid who decided to feed my fishes Tide Pod detergent two weeks ago. I have an empty 120 & 90 gallon tanks that I could setup with saltwater and filter, but that would take a day and half to fill up. Hope all works out with your aquarium, and that you have power back sooner than stated. Keep us posted, and visit nj Reefers when all settles down to let us know what happened. Love to see a photo or two of your tank!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thank you so so much for the offer, Will from Aquatic Obsessions who I've been going to for years has actually offered to help me out. I truly appreciate how the reef community comes together to help each other, and once the tank is back up I look forward to participating more here.

Cheers,

Brian

That is good to hear; Will is a great guy.