• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

nemo is endangered

I certainly appreciate people taking the time to look at what animals/fish require protecting. But I wish these people would use the right resources and information to make an informed decision. A lot of the information cited are from articles etc from several years ago. Even the recent data seems suspect - example:

Orange clownfish forage on algae and plankton as well as obtaining food from the host anemone. The anemonefish will eat the dead tentacles of the anemone and any leftover food from the stinging tentacles of the anemone (Florida Museum of Natural History 2011).

Dead tentacles of an anemone...what are we describing - a tree or an animal? :p

Is there any inkling from this group how many clowns are captive bred today by ORA? Sustainable Aquatics etc or individual breeders?

If they are marked as endangered, wouldn't that put ORA and SA out of business since they will no longer be able to trade the animal?

That all stated - perhaps we shoudl treat this as a reminder that if offered two products - one wild caught, and another captive bred - we should make the effort to buy CAPTIVE bred.

That is suppose to be the goal of the club anuways. Just like a couple years ago when the club campaigned on buying captive bred banghaii cardinals

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2