• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Neptune Apex Dosing system

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Apex Neptune 832 with the trident, the doser and the DDR. I got a good package deal on eBay and couldn’t resist it. So here’s my question: Do I have to use the DDR to store my alk and calcium? Is the DDR any better than using normal alk and calcium containers? I really don’t have space for the DDR unless I leave it next to my tank in plain view of everything.
Thanks

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
No need to use the ddr. Any container will do.
The benefit of the ddr is to tel when you are running low.
However a simple float switch and the apex sensor module will work just fine

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Apex Neptune 832 with the trident, the doser and the DDR. I got a good package deal on eBay and couldn’t resist it. So here’s my question: Do I have to use the DDR to store my alk and calcium? Is the DDR any better than using normal alk and calcium containers? I really don’t have space for the DDR unless I leave it next to my tank in plain view of everything.
Thanks
Agreed with @ecam
If you don't want to use it they sell for 200ish used so I'm sure you can make some money back.