• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Neptune Automatic Feeder

Has anyone checked these out yet? I think try just got released. I think I want to get one of these for myself for christmas. I would really like to stop feeding so much frozen food and the feeder should work well when you can't be home to feed the fish. Anyone see any flaws?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not familiar with Neptune.....I have two Ehiem's and I'm happy with them:

p_909968_13441.1.jpg

I was told that you needed the newest version of software to use these, not sure if that is still true. The price is also about double the Ehiem to gain the neptune integration. Wish they priced it more like the other automatic feeders.

I was told that you needed the newest version of software to use these, not sure if that is still true. The price is also about double the Ehiem to gain the neptune integration. Wish they priced it more like the other automatic feeders.
i agree but i also expected it to be expensive. their moonlights start at $80 for two of them. its kinda the name of the game for all these american companies in the industry. im letting santa pay for it :)

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Lifegaurd makes the same feeder it's called the "intelli-feed". I believe the neptune one is about $100, the lifegaurd is the same minus the ability to control it with the controller and runs about $65.

Lifegaurd makes the same feeder it's called the "intelli-feed". I believe the neptune one is about $100, the lifegaurd is the same minus the ability to control it with the controller and runs about $65.
that might have changed my mind. its only $60 i think and it looks like the neptune one may have taken some notes on their design. especially because i have the apex jr and im limited to four extra modules