• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nerf leagues? Superguns? What?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Got sucked down a net rabbit hole a few days back looking for model paint schemes, it seems there is an actual world Nerf league.
They use modified Nerf (and similar) guns with modified darts instead of paintball guns.
I was intrigued, but the guns can literally cost hundreds.
One of the companies, Jet, produced a budget gun for Walmart for $50 and it has gotten a lot of attention, soo much so that there are now hundreds of 3d printable upgrades and mods for it, yet it is a 'competition' gun out of the box.
I decided to pick one up.
I unpacked it, loaded it, and fired my first dart at the front window, about 20' away.
It ripped the screen and I thought it cracked the window (it didn't).
I put a small red-dot rifle scope on it and dialed it in for 20 yards.
Every dart hit within an inch of each other at 50+ feet, and hit hard enough to dent cans.
If you're a Nerf fan, or just like fake guns, or are a child-adult you need one of these.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Pre-mods...

Here's the Ceda guns

Here's a Gameface

Just for the heck of it, here's the preferred Claymore of competitive play

Here's the Nexus I picked up (its a bit cheaper and more available at Walmart)

Here's a basic mod kit (with rifled metal barrel) for the above Nexus (though it can probably already kill a small animal at 20 yards)...

Here’s mine being modded/painted...
FBAB592B-6FED-4836-9A22-73D24A3C5F09.jpeg

This is my sons Stryfe. It is a fully modded nerf gun. He has changed everything including the internals and man does it shoot accurate. Stings too

Attachments

• 6EA90829-4377-46CE-8AB0-64A80C511AF8.jpeg
    6EA90829-4377-46CE-8AB0-64A80C511AF8.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 6

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Man I sure could have some fun with one of these when the deer come around and eat all the wifes flowers. HMMMMMM
My initial thought was that I would peg the rabbits, squirrels, and chimpmuks in the yard as a deterrent.
10 minutes ago I told my son, 'use the sight, aim between my shoulderblades and shoot'. I stood about 25 feet away.
Darned if he didn't hit spot on and I've got a half-dollar sized welt.
Probably too much for rodents, but a deer...

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My initial thought was that I would peg the rabbits, squirrels, and chimpmuks in the yard as a deterrent.
10 minutes ago I told my son, 'use the sight, aim between my shoulderblades and shoot'. I stood about 25 feet away.
Darned if he didn't hit spot on and I've got a half-dollar sized welt.
Probably too much for rodents, but a deer...
I like that idea. Damn squirrels keep stealing the bird feeder. I find but food is gone abd I have to fix to so it will hang.

D

Deleted member 27248

My nerf guns...fully modded and look prettty real. Sting like hell.

Attachments

• E2BFBFD2-2048-4F7D-8BE0-06462E36B460.png
    E2BFBFD2-2048-4F7D-8BE0-06462E36B460.png
    2 MB · Views: 10