• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

nero 3 (5 too) out of stock :(

putting together a 20 long nano and not loving my flow at present. how long have these things been out of stock and how long have folks had to wait to get their hands on them?

i guess its part of the whole chip supply chain situation.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
the jebao equivalent is pretty much just as good. IMHO. they have options for wifi controlled as well.

which one is similar in size and capabilities to the nero 3? is it the slw-20? and can you run a varied schedule every day? like 8 hours of pulse, 8 hours random and 8 hours constant type of thing?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
which one is similar in size and capabilities to the nero 3? is it the slw-20? and can you run a varied schedule every day? like 8 hours of pulse, 8 hours random and 8 hours constant type of thing?

the slw-20 would be the closes to the nero 3. this is the one you would want for wifi control. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099QXC1MC?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_3NERFW3126FYFA4CVBJN

you can set schedules with this, the app isnt as full featured as AI but for the price, it works.

Salted

NJRC Member
I had the jebao slw20 in my 75. I think it would be too big for a 20l. Look at the slw10 or 15. I’m not currently using it, if you’re near Denville you’re welcome to borrow it and see.

I had the jebao slw20 in my 75. I think it would be too big for a 20l. Look at the slw10 or 15. I’m not currently using it, if you’re near Denville you’re welcome to borrow it and see.
thanks, i'm in cherry hill, appreciate it, but i'll have to pass. i have a couple of the 500 gph jbj oceanstreams in there now and they just take up too much real estate and don't put out enough flow or variable flow.

Did find it?
call iconic aquarium, I was there yesterday looks like he can get the Nero 3.
haven't found any yet and thanks very much for the tip. tenafly is going to be a bit too far for me, as i'm down in cherry hill. i'm also not in a huge hurry. just got the tank up last week and have a pair of jbj oceanstreams in there now, but i will want to replace them when i can get my hands on some neros.

the jebaos seem like a good alternative, but the nero's pack a little more power in a little smaller package, so i'm going to hold out for the neros for now. i did contact ai and ask about distribution. its the same chip shortage story, but they did say there are getting a limited amount of pumps out every week, so it should just be a matter of time. i think i'm on about 3 or 4 different "notify me' or call me when the come in lists already LOL.

not sure how i missed this earlier, but thanks for the generous offer. just a little too far to make it easy enough to borrow and return.

not sure if anyone else was looking for these hard to find pumps, but i checked brs at random today, like i do a few times a week and the website showed some in stock. i did sign up for the "notify me when in stock" but did not get an email, but that didn't stop me from ordering a couple.

looking like the order shipped as i got a confirmation. so, fwiw looks like there notify me might have some limits or a tiered list.