• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 144 (?)

Andy Aquariums

NJRC Member
I know it’s a wierd size, but it’s custom made to fit the furniture. It’s 72” x 29”. It took way too long for the tank to be made—I started planning this last December and just finally got it installed. Still need to put on one more light (waiting for the bracket) and do all the programing. But it’s coming along.

No room for the control board on side, so we hung it ontop. I plan to have enough color in the tank that it won’t take away the focal point, except when the light are out. :)

Looking to start the cycle this week with some Fritz and some clowns. B09D2C6F-2C89-4AEB-8014-BEF29AD4335A.jpeg48786F6C-9BE4-494E-B6A8-BB98A77376D3.jpegA65D0F1C-6CC5-43D3-B5B1-7B44CF956135.jpeg

Salted

NJRC Member
Thoughts on what to put on the stand to the right of the aquarium for aesthetic's sake?
A nice collection of bourbon? Reef artwork? Ok you may or may not appreciate this but you asked. It looks like the stand is centered between the windows, why not center the tank on the stand? And while it looks like a lot of work went into the controller board, I think it's a distraction from the tank. Had you considered simply putting a curtain in front of it?

Andy Aquariums

NJRC Member
I like the bourbon idea.
Tank isn’t centered for a few reasons. One, the drain holes were already there from my old tank. Second, a longer tank custom made what significantly more money. Three, the support on the side of the stand id necessary to hold it up since there’s no brace in the center of the left cabinet.

if the control board gets distracting, I’ll cover it. But for now, I like how it looks. It’s not in my living room; it’s in my home office so I can geek out all I want.

Andy Aquariums

NJRC Member
Display Fuge. (Cube)
I was thinking that. But won’t the light bleed into the main tank? Also, do those things really look nice? I’m imagining how dirty the fuge gets in the sump and weary of putting that on display to detract from the tank.

Then there’s also the issue of plumbing it…