• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 180 On the Way!

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Just ordered a new 180 from the Aquatic Obsessions tank sale. Good deals over there!!! Time to start planning construction (tank, stand and sump).

Merv, do you have a link to the progress pics when you were setting up your new tank? I may end up "copy catting" a few features.

Anyone with ideas or construction threads would be appreciated! Exciting times!

The old 90 may end up in the basement as a FOWLR.

Any help with lighting setup, sump or construction is appreciated.

Thanks.

Herb

I have been posting the build of my stand under the general member section.

I would be glad to answer any questions you have.

CONGRATS ON THE NEW TANK!

Congrats on the 180! you are going to love it. My old 180 had 3 250 MH 10k and 2 160 watt antinics, think the size was T-12. Had great growth and the color popped out nicely. Hope that helps!

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
I am thinking of moving my two 250 watt MH to the new 180. I was also thinking of putting a 400 watt in the center. I was leaning towards 2 6 ft. VHO actinics on my existing ICECAP 660. I was wondering if it would be worth exploring a T5 option along with the MH. If I arranged the MH to be perpendicular to the tank, I could also fill in some 2ft T5s between the MH. Any thoughts???