• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new 2.2 gallon wall mounted tank

Just wanted to share a pic of a christmas gift.
DSC00267.jpg

That is awsome. what are your stocking plans,tang,angel,puffer,trigger ?? j/k post up a picture when you add to it.

Started cycle about 2 days ago with about 2 pounds live sand and about 1 pound of live rock.  You can see the filter in the tank that little pump puts out a lot of flow. I am going to upgrade the lighting right know it just has 1 fluorescent.  I was thinking just 1 small fish and some soft corals when the lighting is upgraded. Am I right in thinking that if the light is upgraded i should be able to add some soft corals

In little pico tanks like that I have seen a lot of sexy shrimp as a standard critter. Just a thought, I don't know if I would do a fish. Soft coral would probably work too you might even get away with some zoas.

You can do a pistol shrimp/goby pair . There great to watch when they pair up and share a burrow . Like said before heat might be a big issue .

the light on there now is 8 watts heats up the tank a little but being the tank is so small is that enough light for soft corals

+1 on the goby/pistol pair.

I have a yashe hashe/tiger pistol in my 24g. They're a lot of fun to watch. I'd suggest getting a smaller shrimp goby and a randalli pistol if you do go this route.

Very neat, do you have a link to name/info on it? I personally think it's to small for a goby/shrimp pair... but what about a single clown goby or something like a green banded goby... I adore mine and they are pretty personable in my experience with neat coloration.

I like JRs take on the lights it looks really good and makes me want to do one keep us updated on how the tank holds up and your water changes after a year I'd be interested. LED

Jsrdj said:
Will the led light s be enough for the corals?

No Question about it. It will be enough even for SPS if you do it right.

I have a 96W LED over a 5' tank with easy SPS, like the cap, even at the bottom of a 28" deep tank.

I tried emailing wingo at the email posted in the thread and it got kicked back. The email was for info about led lights for this 2.2 gallon tank

PM him then or go to his website maybe and send him an email from there? Very interested in how it works out for you. His LEDs for your tank should let you keep anything that would fit in the tank.