• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 200 and 15 gallon Marineland tanks.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wendy, we have a 150g stock tank that you can borrow if you need it while you do the change over.

Phyl said:
Wendy, we have a 150g stock tank that you can borrow if you need it while you do the change over.

OMG Phyl, THANK YOU SO MUCH for that offer. I will probably take you up on that, as I to this date, have NO clue how I'm gonna do the change-over, especially since the new tank will be going on the same wall as my 75. I mean, the "big day" probably won't happen until fall/beginning of winter, but I'm so worried already.

Taz, I have no clue what The Hidden Reef asks for that specific setup, but like I said, the price I got from TFJ blew my mind, and I will be ordering from them, as I've worked with them ever since I've been in the hobby, and have never been disappointed. On the contrary, I can't say enough good things about them.

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We did the same thing when we replaced our 120, Wendy. We put the new tank in the same spot as the old. We took the tank contents and loaded them into the stock tank (and our frag tanks) with their existing water, emptied the tank, moved the old one out, the new one in and reloaded the tank. All in under 24 hours. Don't sweat it.

We reused our sand, but it was fairly clean. I've seen other people have risidual problems from reusing their sand, so make sure to rinse it in saltwater or discard it if you think it has an overabundance of detritus in the sand.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Phyl. I'll be looking for tons of pointers as "the time" approaches, I'm sure. Knowing I can borrow your 150 has surely taken a HUGE worry of my shoulders. As for the sand, right now I'm thinking I'm probably going to use new sand, and perhaps only a small portion (top layer) of the current sand.

So much too think about. :-[ So much to plan...so much worrying to do.

Yet so much excitement, too.

---
Wendy

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I can tell you as someone that has dealt with mainstream suppliers for aquarium equiptment there are only a few in our area and they compition price wise fluxuates between them,when I was ordering 1 would have a sale of lets say 5% off tanks 1 week the next week another 1 would come in at 8-10% off the tanks.Also volume has an affect on pricing as well (or at least it used to) so the $100.00 increase from TFJ could have been a mix of low volume plus the ever increasing FREIGHT CHARGES do to fuel pricing.I see it in the wholesale price of fish and corals the suppliers are getting killed with freight right now,1 that I deal with has raised his prices by at least 20% to make up the charges.
Just my 2

Tazmaniancowboy said:
Wendy, I was going to buy from TFJ about 2 months ago. They were the best price at the time, but 2 weeks after I got the quote when I contacted them to order, they claimed that the price increased . In the same time frame and still to this date. The Hidden Reef has quoted me only $100 dollars higher than TFJ's "introductory" price and told me there were no price increases nor did they see one coming anytime soon. I finally picked up my 200 gallon last week.

I am not by any means badmouthing TFJ, I wanted to support them as they are a small Family business and a sponsor, but I did want to point out that I was upset that the price supposedly changed within 2 weeks of quote and I was able to buy a lot more stuff with the savings by purchasing from the reef.

Please as with anything else, check before you buy.

Taz

Re: New 200 and 150 gallon Marineland tanks.

The Marineland tanks are nice. But, I decided to go with the 120 Tech tank. Will at AO got me a tremendous price on the tank and stand, thank you thank you. They are pretty similar feature wise. My wife and I like the modern look so worked out very well.