• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 32g Cube Build

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Not at all, i am reading on some threads that it can take up to 3 weeks to get this model broken in. Seems crazy to me but i guess is a possibility.

Just turn it off. Focus on the cycle.
What did you decided to use as bacteria ?

Been a little while since my last update.

1) Skimmer finally started operating correctly over the last few days
2) Added two Clownfish and two snails
3) Getting some brown slime algae (i think). Photos attached and looking for feedback on how to mitigate this. Should I add a Cucumber/crabs for clean up crew? Been doing 5g water changes every few days but it seems to be getting slightly worse. any advise is appreciated!

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 5
  • tank4.jpg
    tank4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 6
Doing big water change will not help much as you are working on the bacteria population right now. I would Do less water change % and let it circle 100%
It will come together buddy don’t rush it.:)

Doing big water change will not help much as you are working on the bacteria population right now. I would Do less water change % and let it circle 100%
It will come together buddy don’t rush it.:)
Thanks! Been reading some of the forums and it sounds like Dinos or Cyanos. Not sure if that is accurate but some of the suggestions are to turn the light off for a few days.