• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new anemone

Here is our new anemone.

anemone002.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mmmmmmmm! Pumpkin Pie.

PumpkinPie.jpg

Sorry, couldn’t resist with it being the day after Thanksgiving.

Nice looking anemone! I like it.

redfishbluefish said:
Mmmmmmmm! Pumpkin Pie.

PumpkinPie.jpg

Sorry, couldn’t resist with it being the day after Thanksgiving.

Nice looking anemone! I like it.

Funny but true it does look like pumpkin pie

Not to ask but to go along with pnoy. Is it?

Im pretty sure its the one from RC and im not sure how reef safe they are.
Please dont tell me you paid anywhere near 250 for this. Some of the hardest host anemones dont even cost that much. I tried to explain to the guy who was selling it that this anemone even though rare is not worth 250 or even the 500 he claimed. I didnt even wanna flame him but i wanted to make sure no one paid near 250. He also had a picture of the anemone with percula clown infront of it.

Im not even sure if its an anemone or coralimorph.

Adesimone im not trying to be an ass with this post dont take it like that.

ReeferNets said:
Not to ask but to go along with pnoy. Is it?

Im pretty sure its the one from RC and im not sure how reef safe they are.
Please dont tell me you paid anywhere near 250 for this. Some of the hardest host anemones dont even cost that much. I tried to explain to the guy who was selling it that this anemone even though rare is not worth 250 or even the 500 he claimed. I didnt even wanna flame him but i wanted to make sure no one paid near 250. He also had a picture of the anemone with percula clown infront of it.

Im not even sure if its an anemone or coralimorph.

Adesimone im not trying to be an ass with this post dont take it like that.

Simple Don't ask ;) ..She liked it and bought it regardless of price. I know I do buy crazy stuff and recently bought an Anthias with a tag price of more than 150.00 :)... I buy cuz I like it .. Do I agree with the tag on it no but still bought it ...

It is not a hosting anemone his clowns hosted in his rbta it doesn't move around it stays put on the rock it is attached to (well so far). My 210 has alot of empty spaces so it is not near any coral even though there is a small xenia growing on the same rock right beside it. No money it was a trade for zoos and paly's.
Stupid is not written across my forehead.
It has adapted well to my tank and looks great the tenacles aren't even out in the picture. As for what he paid for it I probably would believe him he purchased it in California where he is from.
We both were very happy with the trade so no need to concern yourselves we are fine.
And usually if my husband sees something he really likes it doesn't matter how much he paid as long as he is happy with it.

I will try to get some better pics

With anemones alot of times a magnifica can look like a bubbletip when stressed. A gigantea can look like haddoni or mertenssi.

So i even get confused. Its a nice, just not an anemone its corallimorphia. (whatever that is) I always get scared with stuff like that after seeing a couple carpets anemones take out bigger fish i get antsy and seeing a giant elephant mushroom eat damsel.

Did he feed it?

ReeferNets said:
With anemones alot of times a magnifica can look like a bubbletip when stressed. A gigantea can look like haddoni or mertenssi.

So i even get confused. Its a nice, just not an anemone its corallimorphia. (whatever that is) I always get scared with stuff like that after seeing a couple carpets anemones take out bigger fish i get antsy and seeing a giant elephant mushroom eat damsel.

Did he feed it?

Yes he did feed it mysis and cyclopeeze. I feed it jumbo mysis. It opens up at night after the halides are off. I could only wish he would eat my damsel he is a biting fool