• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Bulbs

Does anyone have a preffered retailer to by new lighting equipment from? I bought a cheap Odyssea fixture and i want to replace the lamps. I've looked around a little online, but would like to know what everyone thinks

Thanks

Red

I would order from Aquatic Obssesions. They can usually do better or the same as online prices but it comes with free advice.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
June is PA Group Buy month. I'd order then, unless the bulbs were really out of wack.

Hi BigRed..I deal with Aquatic Obsessions regularly and find their stuff to be fairly priced especially the livestock.

I was considering buying an Odyssea 72" PC single strip fixture housing two(2) 96watt compacts side by side. But it seems that they are a problem.

Any advice based on your experience would be appreciated.

Dom

I bought the fixture from aquatraders.com which appears to be odyssea's online retailer. I bought the 36" w/250w MH
I read a lot, and asked lots of questions... In the end, it seams they make an OK fixture, the new electronic ballasts are good, no worries about them burning up, but the bulbs are crap.
I have found that the fixture seems well made, but only has one fan, which isn't over the MH part of it, and it's noisy. So i'm in the process of trading out the fan and adding an additional one.
I'm not sure about their PC only fixtures, but i've had minimal problems with aquatraders. I had a broken sleeve on a UV I bought from them, I called and asked for a replacement, the CS person told me she would check with her manager and call me back. I never got the phone call, but i got the sleeve a week later, no charge.

Back to the lights, I can wait until June i think. The bulbs are still only 2 months old (i think...at most 3) so its not a HUGE deal, just wanting more... but aren't we always

Thanks
Red

Thanks Red. I think I'll go ahead and order the fixture from them. I will use it to supplement my 150watt 10k and 70watt 20k metal halides perhaps with 03's or 50/50's.

Dom