• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Club Tank?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
redfishbluefish said:
Chump change.

I believe there is a bigger WOW! to have it moved and installed.

ok, you supply the 50k and I'll figure out how to get in my house! ;)

Here's what I want to know.....

What would your weekly water change on a tank like that be?

Do they make a Mag Float big enough?

Do you need to be a certified diver to clean the sandbed?

beerfish said:
Here's what I want to know.....

What would your weekly water change on a tank like that be?

Do they make a Mag Float big enough?

Do you need to be a certified diver to clean the sandbed?
I think that if you can afford the tank, you don't have to worry about WHO is going to be doing those things LOL.

Whitebird1 said:
Do all persons that can afford a tank that big have to put plastic corals in it? LOL!

i think they are the same company that made the fake corals for that 4000 gallon tank on Monsterfishkeepers.

Before people claim it's too hard - just look at what harlequinreef maintains over at the Red Bank Hospital. Not that I would be able to do it- but if you have the money to buy that tank, geeze - spend the extra dough and get a real reefkeeper to maintain the tank.

Hawkeye said:
Whitebird1 said:
Do all persons that can afford a tank that big have to put plastic corals in it? LOL!
Not that I would be able to do it- but if you have the money to buy that tank, geeze - spend the extra dough and get a real reefkeeper to maintain the tank.

Would you really enjoy your tank if you didn't get to take care of it? That's half the fun of the tank!

How much you that you guys think that tank would weigh full, even if I could afford it I don't think my house would survive filling it up!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not to mention fitting it through the front door.

The weight…..It’s in the write-up….13,200 pounds when full. I’m sure that exceeds the load capacity of a stick built house. That would need its’ own footings and foundation.