• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Elegance Coral

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Very nice! Watch out for other corals so they don't get stung by the Elegance.

Thanks Diana, yeah I have it isolated a little bit away.

I got it from aquasd. I’ve got my tank back in pretty good shape so decided to reward myself with a few things.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Can an elegance be easily fragged?

Now mind you, my experience with fragging has been accidently moving a rock and a piece of my SPS snaps off :rolleyes:

I have one that I bought when we had our monthly meeting that was held at the Jackson Elks Jan 2019. We had a new vendor that came to the meeting with his corals. He sent his teenage son to set up the table. I feel so bad for him that I bought the elegance from him. All his corals were closed because the water was still too cold. Well anyway, mine has about six heads. I’m going back-and-forth whether to get rid of it because it’s getting too big (approx 10-12” w) for my 40 gallon. Do you love the movement though.1767A39C-43E2-4001-9D13-FD3B662EA746.jpeg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Define easily. You need a sharp knife to cut the flesh and then a good saw to cut the skeleton. There are videos on R2R and Reef Central.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Diana,

If you decide to sell it, contact me first. It won't have to travel very far.

Eric

One of the few corals I didn't have luck with although it was a long time ago. Always loved how beautiful they are but it started to not opened fully so I sold it at a massive loss so it could be saved ( it was and still happy and healthy)

Beautiful piece you have.

Diana, I can't believe yours is that big in a 40g. Mine has 4 heads (/mouths) and is about 6-8 inches long when open and seems huge in my 90g. Like Mark said, you can frag it but not easily I guess. (Similar to a wall hammer). You have to cut through the flesh and that can cause problems.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@dastrader I like to keep a strong current so that it doesn't flatten out and take up more real estate. On a side note, I notice you have snails. I had snails at one time. Elegance likes to assassinate snails.