• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Pics and Identify This

I took some pics with my fathers Slr.

Two of the clown and the identify me.

I got some nano live rock at Absolutely Fush. I brough home the rock and notice that one looked like a frag. I put it in the about 20 min later it had polyp extension.

What is this the coral and how can i help it?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 80
It all depends on the dimensions of the coralites and if that is a full extension of the polyps. Just by shape, it reminds me mostly of the Turret (Sun) corals (Dendrophphyllia or Ballanophyllia sp), which could also explain how they could survive "curing" of your LR. It could also be stumps of some other species, that are now trying to recover, though that doesn't seem likely.

this came from a fulled cured tank of lr. Its a frag that i guess that thought was dead and and threw it into the tank. I even said to the guy it looked like a frag he said yea probably.

I have a 1.5 year old tank with LR in it. i just bought this to fill in holes.

I am wondering what the odds of this coral making a full recovery area.. In all the the circuled areas I notice since I put it in my tank the polyp craters seems like are filling with yellow tissue

Went home at lunch today and now there is a total of 7 polyps extended.
When i first bought it only 1 was extened and another was receding. I think the coral may make a recovery.

One problem i see is that the middle of the coral has no skin on it whatsoever. It is a stony calcifield skeleton.

ReeferNets said:
Went home at lunch today and now there is a total of 7 polyps extended.
When i first bought it only 1 was extened and another was receding. I think the coral may make a recovery.

One problem i see is that the middle of the coral has no skin on it whatsoever. It is a stony calcifield skeleton.

Middle as in the middle of the circle of the polyp, or between the polyps?

new pics

I am getting pretty good with the camera now only if my livestock will cooperate.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 4.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 9.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 71