• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.
So I've thought of a project we can all do and we could possibly help better our community and the hobby!
Short answer we are all to test our tap water and leave the data on the chart line and we test the water for a week at differ times of day. Then with the data we can possibly "clean our water with a water plant. Last we use the excess plants as compost fertilizer and return the soil to spots that need better soil around our towns mayb to create a town garden in our areas. What do you all think? Interested? Lol I no I am but I need your help so let's see if we can in one fell swoop make our water for the hobby clean and free us up from things like rodi and And better our community! Test should be on everything u can test for. I would like that we all have the same tests but it is what it is. Nitrates ammonium cloreen cloramin phosphates gh kh calcium or any traces elements that can be tested for ie iron copper magnesium ect. List their data on the thread and in 2 to 3 weeks once we have a decent amount of data we can try a few different plants based on what we find and place these plants into lighted tubs or holding tanks and over time test the "plant water" to see ways we have effected the water and if we can proceed. To the 3rd and 4th steps.

I'm not sure if we could ever eliminate the use of RODI just because from my understandings plants don't remove TDS. Things like heavy metals, chlorine and chloramine will also stick around so the easiest and safest route for most people is RODI water. This is a great idea though and if someone could find a way to purify it all that would be pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's all part if the project there are several plants in mind I would rather see if ppl are on for the project be for leaving all this Info around there are certain things in the water that I no but want numbers to them and as far as plants there are many different types used for this type of thing and I think would be useful fun and beneficial lol and for the most part only certain types of plants would remove certain things from water or earth but tds could be a range of things but short answer there are plants suited for what I propose but in short all plant absorb tds the water carries the nutrients to the roots or leaves in water or on earth but I have a list of plants better suited for the unique qalities and have even created a plant that works to do the same but in much more harsh environments like little light and not much soil or water but this plant doesn't do well with freazing temperatures unless the plants root is insulated or deep in ground lol can't make any of this short but it's a project that can be tested and put into small scale like set up a small reef tank or vase tank with a shrimp and a starfish and run it with the water from the 3rd phase thos are the terms for a hypotheses and could be not only a fun project but actually show some really useful things from it