• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Stand for 29gallonBioCube tied into 120gallon

I would have posted this in DIY but I didn't make it ... Gary at Aquatic Obsessions made it for me.
I would have also posted this in Nano forum but it's going to be tied into my 120 sooo.....

Here are pics of the stand gary built.

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

Mike it looks good, i have my 28gal acrylic hook to my main system too , what are you planing on putting in there and what kind of light .

Well .. this tank is going to be overflow for all the stuff in my 120. I'm going to move alot of my zoas in there. I also want Ricordea(I don't have any now). My Helfrichi firefish will be moved in there. It has the PC built into the hood. But for a little over $300 I can send that hood to Nanocustoms and have a 70watt Metal Halide put into it. Not sure if I'm gonna do that yet.

The space underneath is going to be for an 18x18x10 frag tank. I'm going to retrofit a metal halide underneath. That's why it's open on all four sides in the middle section.

The stand looks so much better than the one I built for my 120. Gary did an amazing job.

Update. I got my Marco Rock in the tank and it's going through it's cycle....again. It's plumbed to my main tank but the pump is not running to the bio-cube (thanks to a ball valve) that's why the water level is not all the way up. Tonight i'm going to add sand and a sponge filled with copopods to attempt to add live to this good looking rock. After the tank cycles and I do a couple water changes then i'll open the valve and let my tank and the biocube join forces.

IMG_4785.jpg

Rock

IMG_4783.jpg

Both tanks together.

The nano will be a ricordea tank. That'll have to wait until I can cycle the Bio-Cube.

I'll keep everyone posted for sure.

Pretty good. It's got 2 Reidi Seahorses in there and a little yellow clown goby. It's a good place to keep all the coral that don't fit in my other tank. Also the begining of my ricordea collection.

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5069.jpg

I'm going to take some pictures on Sunday and Monday... for the POTM and to update my tank threads.

My whole sytem is running at 76 average. It goes from 75.5 at night to 76.5 at 6 or 7pm. I waited before I could maintain that temp before I ordered the horses. It didn't take much. I just had to reset my heater to turn on at a lower temp and add some fans to my sump as a DIY chiller and hook it all up to my Acjr.

It did hit 78-79 one day but it was my fault because I didn't set my heater to manual while doing a water change and the temp probe thought the tank was at 70degrees .. long story short I caught it before it raised the temp too high.

I did want to ask you a question about the horses though. The horses have started hunting pods and won't eat the mysis that they were eating. Abby said that this would happen if they found pods. Should I keep feed mysis even though they don't eat it or should I allow them to keep eating pods. I know it's a good chance that they'll run out of pods in a regular 29g but it's connected to my fuge and that is packed with pods. My situation isn't the norm where I have a full reef and fuge feeding a 29. I also have Arctic pods that I feed the clown goby but they havn't shown interest in those either. What do you think?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok was just checking on the temp. I hadn't realized it was plumbed into your reef when you fisrt mentioned you had them.

I would keep offering the mysis, they will run out of pods in a short while. May take a couple weeks but they will get them. As for arctic pods, I have never seen any seahorse go after them. We have dried with different species at different ages and nobody ate them.

I would keep offering the mysis, they will run out of pods in a short while. May take a couple weeks but they will get them. As for arctic pods, I have never seen any seahorse go after them. We have dried with different species at different ages and nobody ate them.

Ok thanks ... i'll keep feeding the mysis and stop feeding the arctic pods to the clown goby .. this way he can eat the mysis as well.

That looks great!

Thanks Bax.

Some pics of the biocube.

IMG_5373.jpg

FTS

IMG_5371.jpg

Sideview

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

I couldn't get both of them to hang out together for this photo session ... another time perhaps.