• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Store opening

Hey everyone,

there's a new store opening on route 9 in Howell. They are currently cycling their Saltwater tanks and from what the owner told me, will be selling fish only first. Then they will work on several FRAG tanks for the coral junkies. I spoke to them yesterday, mention to this guy months ago before he moved to this location about NJRC, and he really wants to work with the club and it's members. He could use some ideas of what members would like him to bring in, salt, lights, coral, etc. Also, he is part of a aquarium society that is looking to incorporate reefers into the society, mainly freshwater. He asked if there was anyone in the club that would like to speak at their meetings, usually at the store on rt.9. Any takers?

So club members, stop in, talk to the owner, help the guy out, and it can work to our benefit as a club

Edwin

AWESOME news!

Would you happen to know where on Rt.9? I'm in Howell, and still only in the planning stages, but it would be fantastic to have someone THAT close to me. ;D

---
Wendy

Hey Neighbor

you know where that italian restaurant, Angelos is on route 9 south, over by the 7/11, it's in the plaza just before that. There's a sign outside, they said they haven't come up with a name yet, just says Fish Store.

Definitely check them out, talk to the guy there, and let him know your from the club, if that's ok to do, never know, might work out as a discount for the club.

Hey how's everything going with your tank/stand/sump build. I WOULD LOVE to build a new stand for my 90 gal. Definitely needs a upgrade, per my wife, lol.

Interested in build another?

edwin

eholceker

NJRC Member
ive been in there before and the store is basically going to be all freshwater fish. The owner is a very nice guy but knows absolutly nothing about saltwater. He told me once he learns about the hobby he will be getting some saltwater animals in. If your into freshwater that is the place to go.

RevClyburn said:
Hey Neighbor

you know where that italian restaurant, Angelos is on route 9 south, over by the 7/11, it's in the plaza just before that. There's a sign outside, they said they haven't come up with a name yet, just says Fish Store.

Definitely check them out, talk to the guy there, and let him know your from the club, if that's ok to do, never know, might work out as a discount for the club.

Hey how's everything going with your tank/stand/sump build. I WOULD LOVE to build a new stand for my 90 gal. Definitely needs a upgrade, per my wife, lol.

Interested in build another?

edwin

Hi Edwin, :)

The stand has finally dried completely, so today we're planning on putting the doors on. I'll take pictures once it's done. I'm very pleased how it turned out, and I'll gladly offer my help if you would want to build one. ;D

You're talking about the 7/11 going North on Rt.9, right? Isn't there a Holiday Chicken/Chicken Holiday there, too?

---
Wendy

yes, that's the 7/11, but on the opposite side on the street, by Angelos brick oven pizza/restaurant. Just after the assisted living place. If you go towards Wooley's fish market, make the jug handle and go 9 south, you'll see the sign, it's yellow.

edwin

Okay, so are they going ot carry saltwater fish or not? it seems like from what RevClyburn said they will but then eholceker says its mostly freshwater and not saltwater yet. I hope its a good place thats not far from me.

eholceker

NJRC Member
i wouldnt bank on them carrying swf anytime soon. all of their seliing tanks are set up for freshwater. They have a big 220 setup for salt but i cant imagine them only using that tank to sell fish.

They are planning on selling S/W and Fresh.

The 220 is set up as a fo for now, they are planning on adding some l/r to it and more fish. Don't know how they would ever get a fish out of that, but that just their initial tank. The plan is to add tanks from where the 220 is to the front door, these will be S/W, mainly fish from the start, but they are looking to add coral as the go. I spoke to owner about a couple of frag tanks and they said they like that idea and will definitley do it. They are also having a fish auction tomorrow, atg the freehold Knights of Columbus, they have some S/W fish they will be auctioning also. There is this great looking Dottyback I saw, some clowns, gobies, and maybe the trigger, not sure on the trigger though. But, if anyone can make it, I believe it's at 12 or 1 pm. Stop by and see what they have.

They are also very much interested in having NJRC as part of their aqaurium society. They are suppose to have someone talking about nano reefs at their next meeting I believe. I'm sure, with all the brilliant people in this club, some of us can be helpful to them, as a speaker, or just to help them at their store. So, if anyone would like to speak, please stop in there and talk to the owner.

edwin