• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New stuff

Salted

NJRC Member
Got a few new tank inhabitants. Finally got the tuxedo urchin I’ve been wanting from reefco yesterday. Today I meet up with @brokereefer at sea level and I got a yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp pair.

Attachments

• 063BBEC1-BF41-46FB-8C2F-4D982E4C65BE.jpeg
    063BBEC1-BF41-46FB-8C2F-4D982E4C65BE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 5816866D-15D5-4D04-9579-A64908607B3D.jpeg
    5816866D-15D5-4D04-9579-A64908607B3D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 470792A5-7D3C-46C7-9970-E41364BA8857.jpeg
    470792A5-7D3C-46C7-9970-E41364BA8857.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
The urchin will move everything. I love mine but I had to put her in a 20gal Nuvo she was stealing Blasto frags and some sps. Love the watchman

Salted

NJRC Member
Yes the hats are cool. I'm looking for a yellow or orange construction hard hat :p . Almost bought an orange safety cone for $4 but refuse to pay $7 shipping :(.

Salted

NJRC Member
Well, it would seem my yellow watchman didn’t make it. The pistol shrimp decided to move across the tank and set up under a rock right next to my clownfish pairs bed. I haven’t seen the goby since sat night and can only assume it followed the pistol and was done in by the clowns. I’ll be replacing it with a larger watchman later today and hope it fares better. If not the clowns will come out. Sad, I liked the little guy.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Well, it would seem my yellow watchman didn’t make it. The pistol shrimp decided to move across the tank and set up under a rock right next to my clownfish pairs bed. I haven’t seen the goby since sat night and can only assume it followed the pistol and was done in by the clowns. I’ll be replacing it with a larger watchman later today and hope it fares better. If not the clowns will come out. Sad, I liked the little guy.

I wouldn’t replace it right away. It might not be dead.
Sometimes they go to another hole on the other side of the tank. Wait a few days.

Salted

NJRC Member
I wouldn’t replace it right away. It might not be dead.
Sometimes they go to another hole on the other side of the tank. Wait a few days.

I second that it could be hiding or burrowing I would say feed the tank ans watch for any movement. Hope for all the best
Thanks both of you guys. This was the owner of Sea Levels' advice also. Those a-hole clowns really attacked my blood shrimp when he was around their bed when eggs were there. The male was particularly aggressive. Luckily no damage done. I just assumed the worst but I'll try to be more hopeful on this.
Not my type of music. So I wouldn't know how many members.
I'm a Slayer fan, but I can Google :p .

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Love Slayer.
Thanks both of you guys. This was the owner of Sea Levels' advice also. Those a-hole clowns really attacked my blood shrimp when he was around their bed when eggs were there. The male was particularly aggressive. Luckily no damage done. I just assumed the worst but I'll try to be more hopeful on this.

I'm a Slayer fan, but I can Google :p .

Salted

NJRC Member
So thread update. As of yesterday I have to assume that the first ywg didn’t make it. Went to sea level and got a larger ywg replacement after work. Following Warrens advise I chased the pistol out of its burrow and moved it back across the tank. Added the new ywg at lights out and it was immediately attacked by the clowns when it went by their bed. Put some food in for the pigs and was lucky to quickly catch the male and move him to the sump. This calmed the female down. As of this morning the new ywg is alive and well having made a borrow back under the same rock by the clowns’ bed and the pistol has moved back to that side of the tank with it. Since that’s where they’ve decided they want to be I’d rather have them than the clowns. The new ywg is now out and about without being bothered. I want to catch the female and get rid of them as a pair but if someone wants him/them lmk.

On a things going better note, my tuxedo urchin is a pleasure to have. This morning I was wondering how I now have three shrimp, as I saw an extra set of whiskers moving behind a rock. Well it would seem the blood shrimp molted again and the urchin picked up its entire molted shell. Lol.

Attachments

• 02D8F1CF-54B7-40F6-A40C-2F07B2A62DB3.jpeg
    02D8F1CF-54B7-40F6-A40C-2F07B2A62DB3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 3E885462-1122-47CF-8AF6-46AC6DB96374.jpeg
    3E885462-1122-47CF-8AF6-46AC6DB96374.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
So thread update. As of yesterday I have to assume that the first ywg didn’t make it. Went to sea level and got a larger ywg replacement after work. Following Warrens advise I chased the pistol out of its burrow and moved it back across the tank. Added the new ywg at lights out and it was immediately attacked by the clowns when it went by their bed. Put some food in for the pigs and was lucky to quickly catch the male and move him to the sump. This calmed the female down. As of this morning the new ywg is alive and well having made a borrow back under the same rock by the clowns’ bed and the pistol has moved back to that side of the tank with it. Since that’s where they’ve decided they want to be I’d rather have them than the clowns. The new ywg is now out and about without being bothered. I want to catch the female and get rid of them as a pair but if someone wants him/them lmk.

On a things going better note, my tuxedo urchin is a pleasure to have. This morning I was wondering how I now have three shrimp, as I saw an extra set of whiskers moving behind a rock. Well it would seem the blood shrimp molted again and the urchin picked up its entire molted shell. Lol.
my true percs were attacking my tangs and they got banished to a 15g. year later i made a mistake and they died of asphyxiation. bought a single red sea clown, the tangs let her have it one night and she never recovered, eventually died several months later. have a pair of spotcinctus in the ;large tank but i dont think they are mated so just the female chases the male. have a second pair naked cinnamon in the 29 and one of them is a jerk and bites me when i go in the tank,

Salted

NJRC Member
one of them is a jerk and bites me when i go in the tank,
This is my female, attacks and bites me whenever I put my hand in the tank. Here's the funny story, Between my last post 22min ago and yours she's caught and in the sump. I've been trying to net her since last night and tried several times today with food to distract but it's like she knows what the net is. So guess what I did just a few minutes ago? I put the net away and just put my hand in the tank. Took three tries because I'm old and slow but she's so comfortable being around and biting my hand that even after three missed grabs she swam into it and I just picked her up, no net. Post with a pair of breeding clowns for sale will be up soon.

Salted

NJRC Member
Very much enjoying having the ywg and pistol shrimp. They are very active in the spot they chose and I have no regrets choosing them over the clowns. Maybe I’ll add a single clown someday. As I write this I’m noticing that my royal gramma is out. While it shows no signs of abuse it wasn’t usually out swimming in the open when the clowns were in the dt. I really think I made the right choice. I think a trip for a couple new fish is in my near future. Maybe a wrasse and a couple fire fish.

Attachments

• 13A256C7-4058-4AF7-9358-3A0AAE62DAF6.jpeg
    13A256C7-4058-4AF7-9358-3A0AAE62DAF6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Glad to hear you got the watchman and goby pairing you were looking for. One of the cooler interactions to see in an aquarium. Be careful about which wrasse you choose though - some can be a serious pain in the ass and will harass the crap out of your other fish.