• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Things to Identify

I have a pic, but can't figure how to upload it here........

There are new things on my glass. They're slightly bigger than the copepods, white, circular with legs that go all around their bodies. If i can remember the passwords to old websites I used to have, i'll put the pics there with a link. I spent about an hour last night looking through pics of copepods, but didn't see anything resembling these. They look almost like tics

Any ideas?

if its circular with tentacles all around the outside it is probably a hydroid jellyfish. if it has legs and moves it is probably some sort of sea spider. the identity of them is usually pretty hard being there is over 1000 species. i have pics of both but do not know how to post them.

You're absolutely right, bozo. I found a thread in another forum and it had a link to a picture that was NOT blurry. Thanks! heres the link: http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/Hydroid.jpg

bozothereefer said:
if its circular with tentacles all around the outside it is probably a hydroid jellyfish. if it has legs and moves it is probably some sort of sea spider. the identity of them is usually pretty hard being there is over 1000 species. i have pics of both but do not know how to post them.