• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Yellow Fuji Leather.

New Yellow Fuji Leather. Purchased this 10 days ago and it still is not open. Not showing signs of trauma or damage, just not happy. Its under PCs and all paramiters are good. Flow is good too. Read everything I could find on it, it should relax and open up, but frustrating watching it like this! Just Venting!
GregH
PC Tank Lights
420_15_03_09_4_53_52_0.jpg

With Flash
420_15_03_09_4_53_53_1.jpg

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice piece Greg. Yellow Fiji leathers are one of the more light demanding leathers. They love the light. They are also can be one of the most temperamental and take the longest to settle in and open up. It looks healthy so just give it some more time.

Really nice piece!

I think I have the same kind in my small seahorse tank.

Mines not open all the time either.

I rember when I first it put it in,
mine did take a few days to open up .

Your will be fine ,
just make sure nothing is gona touch it ,
cause it can expand quite a bit when it wants to.
Mine shrinks up at night and grows in the day.

I would move it and give it a little more space if you can.
Then see what happens
Maybe it feels to crowed to open up big.
Good luck

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jenn, your's looks more like a lobophyton species. It has polyps on all sides. The yellow fijis are a sacrophyton species and only has polyps on the top side of it.

Greg I'd give it a few months before before fragging it. They are a bit more sensitive than the other toadstools.

It's had to tell in the picture cause it's all open
but mine only has polyps on the top side , it's opened up right now & curled out.

From the back side I can see the bight yellow base ,
but that is mostley covered when opened up.

Look at this picture,
You'll see inside of the curl it's flat with no polyps ,
yeah, The polyps are only the top.

When I bought it, I was told it was a Fugi yellow leather...

Mine looks like Whitebird1's picture at night.

D

Deleted member 10862

i have the same exact leather.. may i ask what type of lighting you have? and where did you place it in your tank? mine is now brownish color..and isnt opening up..is it near a powerhead?

Started it under Power Compacts and now have T-5s, Place it as high as you can in the tank. They like current, water flow, enough to see it move a bit. Good Luck with yours.
GregH

D

Deleted member 10862

thanks for all the advice guys..i moved it high up..and also i just picked up a set of current nova extreme t5 4x39w fixture..so now it has even more lighting!! its starting to lose the brown and develop a lot of yellow spots..i will keep you guys posted..thanks once again..

Doing good and the 5 babies that I propagated are growing like weeds. Just moved it and it will take a day to open again. Def recommend one for any tank, nice!
Off note( HEELLOWW Referwanabee still holding your Frag!!!!}