• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New

New member saying hello.
I,m in the process of starting a 90gal and want to make it a mixed reef setup.
I stumbled across this site the other day. Its nice to read about the local shops and also find some new ones(like the one on Rt9 south,Howell).
I hope to attend one of your meetings/swaps when the tank is ready for occupants.
See ya around ;D

Welcome TryingItAgain!

where are you located? Our next meeting is in Marlboro and you don't have to have a running system to attend.

Eric

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to NJRC!

Have I said how much I'm looking forward to a meeting close to home?! :)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What tank/s did you have the first time, Trying? What kind of fish/corals did you keep?

Carlo, I think we're all happy when the meeting is in our backyard! Well ok, not everyone would want a meeting in their yard, lol, but certainly nearby!

I hear ya Phyl, hey beer drinking-walking distance would be even better but I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression or anything. :)

Hi Phyl
I wasn,t keeping any coral. I started with salt about 20yrs ago with a 55gal and fish.
That had its ups and downs, but when the heater decided to boil the water I gave it up.
I restarted the 55gal with salt and had it going for a couple years till a bad fish wiped the tank.
The 55gal was in shabby shape, so I went and got a 90gal and want to make that a mixed reef set up. The fish I had , coral beauty, percula clowns, scopas tang, damsels , these were the most recent.