• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Newbie wishes to buy 40 lbs Live Rock.

Hello Everyone,
I am starting a new Saltwater 55 gallon reef tank and I wish to purchase live rock if anyone has some to sell. I can go to my LFS but thought
I'd try the membership first. Someone must have some available that I can use to start off my new tank.

Thanks.
Aquaman

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have a bunch of dry rock in Brick you can have, but it needs a good cleaning and curing. Id recommend a bit of muriatic acid and a 4+ week cure on it.

I also have a bunch of dry rock that would need a good cleaning. I am in Bridgewater
I am in North Plainfield a bit closer than Brick or Montville. What is the cost for about 40 pounds of dry rock? I'm just beginning setting up the tank so I plan to cure it at least a month or so. Thank you for offer. I can pick it up and pay you at end of this month. I have to budget for all the start up stuff.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I am in North Plainfield a bit closer than Brick or Montville. What is the cost for about 40 pounds of dry rock? I'm just beginning setting up the tank so I plan to cure it at least a month or so. Thank you for offer. I can pick it up and pay you at end of this month. I have to budget for all the start up stuff.
I sent you a pm. Did you see it?

radiata

NJRC Member
Hello Everyone,
I am starting a new Saltwater 55 gallon reef tank and I wish to purchase live rock if anyone has some to sell. I can go to my LFS but thought
I'd try the membership first. Someone must have some available that I can use to start off my new tank.

Thanks.
Aquaman

I have a collection of live rock that you can have gratis. Just bring buckets. I can guarantee that is has Asterina Stars, and maybe even some aiptasia.

I can't vouch for the origin of the rock - twenty-odd years ago I decided to set up a big tank (180) and I bought rock from people bailing out of the hobby. They advertised on the By Lines Press (a pre-curser of Craig's List). Turns out I bought too much rock for my 180, and have be carrying the excess ever since.

I'm in 07039, and would love to de-rock some of my collection...