• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Newbie with ???????

I am very new to this hobby/addiction. I do not even have a tank yet and I am trying to learn somethings before diving in (no pun intended).

I know that I was a reef tank. Some fish, corals etc. Minimum size that I want is a 75. I am trying to find a used set up as I do not really know what I need. Even if I could get a majority of the equipment and then keep adding.

can you guys lead me to "Reef Keeping 101" to help understand this whole thing?

What kind of lights do you need for coral?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Amy

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Another great book for the beginner is " The New Marine Aquarium" by Michael Paletta. It is readily available at most reputable LFS and online shops.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You're doing the right thing by doing the research first. Too many people (us included) walk into a LFS, say they want to start a reef tank and wind up buying a lot of stuff they don't necessarily need, often paying a higher price than they should.

The next best thing you did was post here! Feel free to ask any questions. The people here are extremely knowledgeable and very willing to share all that they know.

Welcome to NJRC!