• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nice acros for a copperband butterfly fish!

Not for me!! But a friend has these Frags available! Flaming Unicorn, cherry bomb, fuzzy bear and ASD rainbow Millie…

if anyone has one healthy and is thinking about moving it, let me know I’m sure we can work something out…

horseplay

NJRC Member
these guys are pretty easy to find nowadays, albeit with a hefty price tag, $180 and up. finding one that eats should not be too hard.

Honestly any of those acros can cost more than the fish!! But he wants to try another one without buying it!! They are usually around 100$… these fish are not $$

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If you want a copper band. I would tell you to reach out to will @ aquatic obsession. He is very good at getting them to eat. You have to feed the tank twice a day with meaty food like mussels/clams. Giving them just mysis shrimp is not a good idea. I also have had luck with feeding the copper band at night. When the other fish are a sleep. Copper band are active at night. Cooper band fish is my favorite fish and I hate aptasia so I wouldn’t sell it for any price.

they won’t eat pellet food but I have had luck with them eating mass stick food

If you want a copper band. I would tell you to reach out to will @ aquatic obsession. He is very good at getting them to eat. You have to feed the tank twice a day with meaty food like mussels/clams. Giving them just mysis shrimp is not a good idea. I also have had luck with feeding the copper band at night. When the other fish are a sleep. Copper band are active at night. Cooper band fish is my favorite fish and I hate aptasia so I wouldn’t sell it for any price.

they won’t eat pellet food but I have had luck with them eating mass stick food
I did not know they up at night!! I’ll try that!! I’m buying one my self very soon and I hope my buddy finds one here in a trade

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I did not know they up at night!! I’ll try that!! I’m buying one my self very soon and I hope my buddy finds one here in a trade
You can train them to eat at night. I keep feeding in the same spot at night and the copper band goes and waits for food at that spot.

I think you should buy one from the fish store I don’t think you gain anything by getting a copper band from someone else’s tank. They don’t like change I am sure if you take my cooper band and put him in another tank there is a good chance it will die.

Last edited:
Huuuu my friend has tried around 4, he’s looking to try one already acclimated to aquarium. I’m getting one my self but I’ll buy it from the store

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I'm leaving Wed or Thur.
As for feeding Have 3x a day but others here with experience can chime in.