• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJ I-287 "careless" driving ticket

So...i wanted to close off this thread with a positive note. An acquaintance of mine is in law enforcement and contacted the trooper who gave me the ticket. Not knowing what to expect, i went to court today. Met the prosecutor. He told me the trooper had called in and was ok with downgrading it to just obstruction of traffic - which is a 85 fine with no points. I accepted the plea and then waited for the judge to review the case and with barely a glance at me he just said how do you plead? i said guilty to obstruction of traffic.

I had all these diagrams drawn up and notes, pics of the "scene" of the ticket and in the end did not even bother using any of that.

I still disagree with the fact that i was pulled over in the first place, but I did not want to press my luck further in this matter and just wanted it behind me. Thank you again to everyone who helped chime in on this topic.

That's good news Phil! Nice job.

I will warn you though...unfortunately, that Obstruction of Traffic will show up on your Motor Vehicle Report and it will also more than likely affect your insurance rates. :(

Go on Groupon...for $15 you can get an online traffic school. Take the class and then send the certificate to your insurance company. It will give you a discount to mitigate any increase.