• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJRC 2011 Frag Swap Pictures!

115.jpg

Banner Display (sweet!) for NJAAS.

116.jpg

Table for kids to trace/draw a horseshoe crab, plus great factual info.

092.jpg

Bin with live horseshoe crab and starfish. Nice to have a touch area for the young reefers.

095.jpg

Horseshoe Crab

093.jpg

Horseshoe crab eggs. Interesting that the eggs are greenish/grey like this (as opposed to the bright orange you get with say blue crabs or clownfish). I guess if they are bright orange - makes it even less likely they'd survive the mass bird attack (which occurs twice a year when they attempt to lay theirs eggs while seashore birds have a huge egg buffet). Sharon and (I forget the other lady's name) mentioned that perhaps only 4 eggs in a million will make it thru the 10 meta periods to reach a mini horseshoe crab size. Incredible.

094.jpg

Starfish

091.jpg

Moe the alligator

118.jpg

Sharon was kind enough to lift it up for a picture

122.jpg

123.jpg

Close up

121.jpg

Smile!!!

more to come...

051.jpg

Dr. Mac's banner

004.jpg

Hey a Dr. Mac sighting!

052.jpg

Early in the day - with no visitors allowed yet.

098.jpg

Later it got swarmed.

144.jpg

More vendors should get these awesome glow sticks to point our frags. great idea!!

007.jpg

Frags!!!

008.jpg

acans...cool blue ones.

006.jpg

Beautiful tahitian Maxima Clams

005.jpg

talked to Dr. Mac about them and interesting fact that the locals actually EAT these clams for food. They are not allowed to harvest small clams - hence the larger size.

143.jpg

More Banner pics

012.jpg

Before the rush.

011.jpg

Fromia running around on the bottom.

010.jpg

say cheese!

142.jpg

Ready to man the credit card machine!

141.jpg

Busy with customer

140.jpg

I spy some nice clams and corals!

138.jpg

Cool yellow millie.

139.jpg

Dead center in this yellow millie - there is an acro crab. Jay (the vendor) told me the coral went up an extra $20. (he was joking).

101.jpg

I messed up this shot as alex (vendor) was moving.

100.jpg

See what happens when your booth is at the front, the cameraman gets bored and takes more pics!!

099.jpg

see above...lol!

102.jpg

Manhattan Aquariums Banner pic! (found it)

103.jpg

hmmmm...frags!

013.jpg

Frags/scolies.

014.jpg

Close up of some scoly's.

015.jpg

They looked oh so nice.

016.jpg

Lovely!

019.jpg

Dr jim!!

147.jpg

Drats I thought I got Dr. jim in this pic.

018.jpg

Saw some really nice pieces here - ORA red table, ORA joe the coral, etc.

146.jpg

Another angle.

107.jpg

Fish in special "compressed-air" filled bags!

Last edited:
020.jpg

Jason Fox Corals.

148.jpg

Before the rush.

086.jpg

frags...superman montis, pearlberrys, pokestars, etc...

088.jpg

great guy. His wife/daughter were also there to support him! what a team!!!

149.jpg

dealing with customers.

Thanks jason for the great frags!

@Olivier...we could have used your eagle eyed camera taking instead of my newbie attempts! Hope all is well with the kid(S) and everything!

@marc- i definitely met you at MACNA in AC but we didn't talk much. Then we met at MACNA in Orlando - but as i recall you were busy talking to Laura B/Icecap (at the time) and I was too busy lounging on the couch!!! I wasn't able to stay the entire day at the NJRC swap - so unfortunately I missed most of the good stuff (presentations/raffles). Long story - but we didn't get a chance to connect at the swap.

@paul - hahaha, yeah more like short in an asian sort of way. LOL.

On with the pics...Allquatics up next:
078.jpg

071.jpg

I took a zillion photos of their LED lights/fixtures at their request. I posted that in their forum.

Some drygoods:
034.jpg

035.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the pictures, Hawk! We were sorry to miss it so these make me feel like I was there!