• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Njrc origins?

I was just thinking how hard it must have been to set this club up or any club. Does anyone know how the club originated? I think it went by a different name at first if I'm correct. Just curious

radiata

NJRC Member
The person who considers herself to be the "founder" of NJRC has the "katspaw" UserID on this site. Tracey was involved with running a car maintenance garage in Clifton when she started looking to link up with fellow NJ reefkeepers. I think I missed the first few meetings, but attended a few in Madison, hosted by Boris. Tracey moved to Texas, but subsequently returned to north NJ. I don't believe she is currently keeping any marine tanks.

The person who considers herself to be the "founder" of NJRC has the "katspaw" UserID on this site. Tracey was involved with running a car maintenance garage in Clifton when she started looking to link up with fellow NJ reefkeepers. I think I missed the first few meetings, but attended a few in Madison, hosted by Boris. Tracey moved to Texas, but subsequently returned to north NJ. I don't believe she is currently keeping any marine tanks.
Thanks for that. Pretty cool

Wow this is interesting stuff i just assumed the club was started by the common usernames i see on the forum. Had no idea it went back to the early 90s.