• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

no power

should have seen what ripped down my lagoon. 2 teenage girls hanging out on the beach almost swept into the bay. neighbor's chairs, cushions all kinds of things lost that day
[/QUOT
E]
Mother Nature has no soul will take you out and not even blink she doesn’t care

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
power on @1am ish I think I nodded off in the 80 degree room. restarted main tank .To early to see how everything made out..

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Chris,
As said, in my 2-3 day power loss with nothing going on in the tank (no pumps, no air stones), there wasn't a single loss. I really think this 'must have flow and power every minute' thing is one of those reefing myths that inspires panic.
We black out tanks all the time, we turn on and off skimmers, corals and fish are shipped for days without light/additional air/circulation, and I'd think theres enough O2 dissolved in any reef tank's water that is more than enough for the minor needs of the fish.
JMHO