• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Northern NJ local fish stores?

Hi all,

I am getting back into reefkeeping after about 5 years off. Going to pick up a JBJ 28 LED soon, which will become an SPS tank. I would like to buy locally if possible, if not I will get it from one of the internet places with free shipping.

My main question, both for the tank if possible, and for all of the future things I will need, is where to find a local store that specializes in reef tanks. I am looking for something in the Millburn/Summit area or close to it. Does anyone else who lives up here have a good LFS that they can recommend?

Thanks very much,

MV

Ocean gallery ii in Plainfield about 15 minutes from summit. They have thr jbj and are awesome. I'm fr north nj and went to hs in summit if you need help with anything lmk.

If I am correct Ocean gallery has a cube with the LED retro fit already installed for sale. might wanna give them a call. they also participate with NJ reefers and give all members a nice discount.

Thank very much guys! I will give Ocean Gallery a call tomorrow. Expect more questions in the future...

mv123 said:
Thank very much guys! I will give Ocean Gallery a call tomorrow. Expect more questions in the future...

gl! They do have it as I almost bought it :). Talk to Gary he's a great guy and the owner v

KRAZ4REEFS said:
My favorite local store is Absolutely Fish in Clifton, great for reef and salt water fish.

Yeah, its a great place, but it is sooooo overly priced! They need to calm down with the price gun over there!

They are overpriced on certain things, but for livestock theyre pretty competitive. I got a purple firefish there for 10 bucks cheaper than reef encounter. Some corals are a little ridiculous, but they have a great selection. Reef Encounter wants 220 for onyx percs, while Abs wants 185 I think. But its vice versa with some other fish.