• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

not sure what to do

the anemone mushroom seems like it budded a second mushroom a second center mouth appeared and started to pull apart and now looks like its is dropping off. do I just let it fall off on its owned but I'm concerned it will blow around and get lost in the tank or do I somehow cut it and attach it to live rock in my frag tank ?IMG_0547.JPG

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
the anemone mushroom seems like it budded a second mushroom a second center mouth appeared and started to pull apart and now looks like its is dropping off. do I just let it fall off on its owned but I'm concerned it will blow around and get lost in the tank or do I somehow cut it and attach it to live rock in my frag tank ?View attachment 36633
Cut it and mount it

D

Deleted member 27248

Cut it off, put it in a container with rock or gravel to allow it to stick.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Rics when they split they kind of stay in the same place. I would just leave it alone unless you want to frag it.

D

Deleted member 27248

Rics when they split they kind of stay in the same place. I would just leave it alone unless you want to frag it.
I have had some stay put...my last blue ricordea split into 5 heads and 3 floated away, and I had to find them. Haha.